MGR Human Resources, on behalf of MAP S.Platis, the leading financial services consultancy Group in the region, is seeking to recruit Assistant/Associate Consultants for its regulatory compliance team in Limassol. By joining the dynamic MAP S.Platis team, the successful candidates will have unique profile building and career growth opportunities in a fast growing sector, working alongside highly experienced specialist consultants and dealing with a reputable global clientele.
- Draft, review and update manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operations of investment firms.
- Perform regular monitoring by following a Compliance Monitoring Programme to ensure that compliance standards and obligations of investment firms are adhered to.
- Support Senior Consultants with onsite and desk-based inspections on regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensure investment firms fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Provide advice and solutions to investment firms on regulatory compliance queries/issues.
- Provide support to the compliance expert team, help to coordinate with other departments (legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.) and develop strong working relationships.
- Communicate on behalf of investment firms with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission and other local and EU authorities.
- Communicate with personnel and management of investment firms.
- Provide guidance and assistance to investment firms regarding client complaints.
- Prepare applications, notifications and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) on behalf of investment firms.
- Work closely with a Senior Consultant to draft and review annual reports on Compliance, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related matters.
- Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting investment firms.
- Develop compliance and AML training material and support with ongoing compliance training to investment firms’ personnel.
- Support AML checks and reviews and undertake client identification and due diligence of investment firms’ clients.
The candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Some knowledge in regulatory frameworks, such as AML, KYC, MiFiD, EMIR etc.
- Active interest in relevant regulatory standards and best practice trends.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, gained ideally from working in corporate environments.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or any other related discipline
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a corporate environment will be considered as an advantage
- CySEC certificate (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services will be considered as an advantage
- Strong organisational, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to take ownership and provide solutions to challenges
- Team spirit and willingness to study and develop
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Communicating effectively, both in writing and verbally in Greek and in English and have strong influencing skills
- Computer literacy
A competitive remuneration package, including performance related bonus and other benefits will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com no later than Friday, 6th of March 2020.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR and MAP S.Platis are equal opportunities employers