MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Caseworkers for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Work as a member of an international team of experts on the processing of applications for international protection, following the relevant detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and EU asylum acquis and in accordance to the instructions of the appointed team leader and the EASO Field Coordinator and/or Field Support Officer
- Conduct interviews of applicants for international protection
- Prepare opinions on applications for international protection
- Work under the guidance and instructions of the appointed team leader and the EASO Field Coordinator/Field Support Officer
- Work in close consultation with the vulnerability experts
- Research Country of Origin Information for the needs of the processed cases
- Participate in trainings, workshops and meetings
- Keep updated, maintaining excellent understanding of and implementing all developments in guidance, quality feedback, SOPs
- When appointed as vulnerability expert, conduct vulnerability assessments and best interest assessments, working in close consultation with the case workers
- When appointed as team leader, review consistently transcripts of interviews and draft opinions of the team members, provide guidance and instructions to them, ensure correct implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures and of all EASO quality guidance, support the Field Coordinator on quality issues, as requested
- Provide regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges
- Ensure cooperation with interpreters and ensure quality of the interpretation, liaise with the field coordinator for feedback when needed
- Performing daily administrative tasks, necessary to complete the case’s file, as needed
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- University degree is required, preferably in the field of law, political, humanitarian, social studies
- Post-graduate degree will be considered as an asset
- Demonstrated previous experience in relevant tasks will be an advantage
- Very good understanding of the Cypriot migration and asylum context
- Advanced use of English language (both oral and written)
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web based applications
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team
- Mobility and flexibility
- Having previous experience with leading a team will be considered an advantage
- Availability to work in shifts (e.g. from 07:00 till 14:00 or 14:00 till 21:00)
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €26,904 gross annually in twelve monthly installments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than Friday, the 16th of August, 2019.