Our Client, a leading financial services consultancy Group in the region, is seeking to recruit a Group Chief Legal Officer. By joining the Group the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast growing sector, working alongside highly experienced specialists and consultants and dealing with a reputable global clientele.
- Providing legal advice to the Group’s management and Board of Directors for any matters that may arise.
- Providing internal legal advice related to Joint Ventures, mergers and acquisitions, registration of new companies, etc.
- Actively participating in high level planning and strategic meetings and providing legal inputs.
- Ensuring the legality of the Group’s business practices and compliance.
- Liaising with local and overseas lawyers on legal matters
- Researching, anticipating and guarding the Group against legal risks.
- Reviewing, drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding any type of legal agreements and documents.
- Formulate, advice and / or review all contract agreements between the Group and third parties to ensure that the company’s interest is protected.
- Developing Group policies on an array of matters.
- Assessing the impact of forthcoming regulations issued on national, European and international level.
- Serving as the primary legal support in relation to client’s requests.
- Involved in any ad-hoc projects and providing advice accordingly.
- Law degree is a must, preferably from a reputable English-speaking university.
- Master of laws or Barrister-at-law.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience and understanding in specific areas of law:
- Financial services (advantage)
- Data protection and privacy (advantage)
- Intellectual Property
- Proven track record of delivering successful business outcomes, as well as in management and administration at senior level.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language, both written and spoken.
- Experience as an in-house lawyer and in the professional services industry would be considered advantages.
- Experience in working with international law firms will be considered an advantage.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Fit into the Group’s culture and be motivated and committed.
- Adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise and organise tasks and resources.
- Work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Communicate and collaborate efficiently and effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Apply strong liaison and negotiation skills within and outside the Group.
A competitive remuneration package, including performance related bonus and other benefits will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer