MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire an HR and Admin Assistant for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The HR and Admin Assistant personnel will be working in the EASO Nicosia Office and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support in arranging advertisements or posting of job vacancies and notifying eligible workers of position availability
- Supporting EASO Office in Cyprus in liaising with the Tempting Agency and EASO HR offices in Headquarters
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants
- Support in organising and planning of recruitment procedures, including interviewing job applicants
- Support in selecting applicants meeting specified job requirements and referring them to hiring personnel, processing and reviewing employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants
- Support in informing EASO/job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment
- Support in administering and scoring applicant and employee aptitude, personality, and interest assessment instruments
- Document employee assessment feedback and organise employee assessment reviews and ensure and organise the follow-up on employee performance issues
- Prepare and set up for new employees’ induction
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions
- Assist EASO in creating internal standards for management of personnel and drafting of working instructions for staff
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities, including monitoring of recruitment plans and training activities of staff
- Prepare badges, passes, and identification cards, and perform other security-related duties
- Support the organization of staff missions
- Support the administration and logistics of trainings
- Collection and revision of timesheets, leave requests and sick leave
- Support drafting of reports and HR statistics
- Perform any other administrative tasks assigned by the EASO Office Coordinators
- Post-secondary degree in a field related to personnel or HR
- At least 2 years of experience in an administrative function related to personnel or HR
- Computer literate, including MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and Access
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in a position related to the duties in a European Union Institution, Agency or Body, or other similar international organisations
- Capacity to manage and co-ordinate several processes simultaneously
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise work and deliver results under pressure
- Attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity and discretion
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Ability to work on own-initiative and without supervision
- Strong service-oriented attitude and flexibility
The position falls in hierarchical Category II and the associated salary is €20,112 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than Friday, the 6th of December, 2019.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.