MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Information Providers for the Asylum Camp to be based in Pournara camp, Kokkinotrimithia.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Interact daily with international protection applicants in the first reception centre in Cyprus to support the information provision on asylum and reception procedures about applicants` rights and obligations, and facilitate replies to their questions
- Consult regularly all relevant colleagues within the EASO team, Cypriot Asylum Service and other stakeholders in the first reception centre (UNHCR, social welfare, immigration police etc.) to ensure accuracy of the information provided
- Assist with managing arriving groups of applicants in the operating area of the first reception centre, contributing to a smooth functioning of the arrival in-processing
- Remain updated about developments, procedures and practices and proactively collect relevant information; in that regard liaise with EASO, CAS and other counterparts outside the first reception centre (e.g. Kofinou reception centre)
- Draft documents, templates, statistics, minutes and reports
- Provide regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant to the specific profile
- University degree is preferred and would be considered an advantage
- Demonstrated previous experience in relevant tasks will be considered as an advantage
- Very good understanding of the Cypriot asylum and reception context
- Fluency in Greek and in English (oral and written)
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications, use of internet and web based applications, online filling system, smart phone applications/communication tools
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills.
The position falls in hierarchical Category II and the associated salary is €20,112 gross annually in twelve monthly installments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than 12th of July 2019.