MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire a Legal Assistant for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The interim will be seconded to the Asylum Service of the Ministry of the Interior and will be responsible, amongst other, to;
- Draft Statements of Facts for the Asylum Service upon request by the Legal Service of the Republic of Cyprus regarding first instance asylum decisions under examination at second instance before the Administrative Court for International Protection.
- Assess the file and identify the main facts and legal points of the Asylum Service’s decision which must be included in the Statement of Facts
- Offer Legal Support to the Head of the Asylum Service
- Support the drafting of Bills and other Legal Acts, as provided by the Refugee Law
- Support in drafting possible amendments of the Cyprus Refugee Law
- Law Degree with minimal 2 years of experience
- Profound knowledge of the Cyprus Refugee Law and the EU Asylum Legislation and CEAS (Common European Asylum System).
- Previous working experience at the Asylum Service of the Republic of Cyprus and/or other Asylum Authorities of other Member States and/or the European Asylum Support Office and/or the Legal Service of the Republic of Cyprus in the field of Asylum.
- Fluency in the Greek language and advanced use of the English language
- The selected candidate will work in close collaboration with the Cypriot Asylum Service
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €26,904 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than Monday, the 15th of June, 2020.
Please note that only successful candidates for this position will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.