MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Quality Assurance Officers for the Asylum Support Office to be based in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Ensure consistency in and quality of the processing of applications for international protection by EASO caseworkers, in line with detailed Standard Operating Procedures and EU asylum acquis
- Work in close cooperation and consultation with the quality assurance expert of UNHCR and under the coordination of a representative of the Cypriot Asylum Service (CAS) – as member of a quality assurance committee which aims to ensure consistent quality of the processing of applications by all caseworkers (EASO and CAS)
- Provide second-tier guidance to EASO caseworkers and team leaders on conducting interviews with applicants for international protection and on preparing opinions on applications
- Keep updated of and implement all developments in guidance, quality feedback, SOPs timely flag shortcomings and inconsistencies and propose improvements and solutions
- Liaise with EASO’s Department of Asylum Support and Department of Operations for the implementation of the his/her tasks
- If required in case of extreme workload/absences, work as a member of an international team of experts on the processing of applications for international protection, following the relevant detailed Standard Operating Procedures and EU asylum acquis
- Provide or contribute in trainings, workshops and meetings related to quality issues in the processing of applications for international protection
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- University degree is required, preferably in the field of law, political, humanitarian, and/or social studies
- Relevant post-graduate degree will be considered as an asset
- Previous experience of at least 5 years as asylum caseworker is required, both in conducting interviews for refugee status determination and in preparing the respective decisions/opinions/recommendations
- Experience in vulnerability and exclusion procedures, especially in the Cypriot context, will be considered as an asset
- Very good understanding of the Cypriot migration and asylum context;
- Past experience within the EASO operations context as caseworker will be considered as an asset
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Knowledge of Greek is desirable
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web based applications
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team
- Mobility and flexibility
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €26,904 gross annually in twelve monthly installments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than Thursday, the 25th of July 2019