MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire a Reception Coordination Officer for the Asylum Support Camp to be based in Kofinou, Larnaca and Pournara, Nicosia, Cyprus.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Assist in the development of methodologies and tools for EASO support for the implementation of CEAS in the field of Reception, particularly on the Directive on reception conditions for asylum-seekers
- Support EASO Coordinator in the strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the deliverables of the reception measure and liaise with Asylum Service focal points and the respective reception centre manager (Kofinou/Pournara)
- Support in the briefing and induction of new staff, including MS experts and interims
- Coordinate the EASO interims deployed in the reception centres and facilitate weekly/monthly team meetings with EASO Cyprus and/or EASO Headquarters
- Support capacity-building initiatives (trainings, tools, etc.)
- Act as a liaison with Asylum Service Focal Points to facilitate efficient and effective implementation of support measures, including planning of specific events/meetings/deployments, ad-hoc urgent matters, interpreters, logistical arrangements
- Participate in meetings and liaise with local and international stakeholders
- Collect and compile reports (statistical and narrative) on a bi-weekly and monthly basis as agreed with EASO monitoring/reporting colleagues and prepare and update relevant project management documents as requested
- Assist in the implementation of activities aiming at fostering the exchange of information and best practices on reception systems within the framework of the CEAS
- When appointed, provide support on coordination of vulnerability procedures
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- University degree is preferred and would be considered an advantage
- Very good understanding of the Cypriot migration and asylum context
- Demonstrated previous experience in relevant tasks will be preferred
- Fluency in Greek and English (oral and written)
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web based applications
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team
- Mobility and flexibility
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €26,904 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than Tuesday, 24th of September, 2019.
Please note that only successful candidates for this position will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.