MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency, with offices in Nicosia and Limassol. We are looking to hire a Reception Coordination Officer for the European Asylum Support Office (EASO), in Cyprus.
EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The successful candidate will work for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) and will be expected, amongst other, to:
- Assist in the development of methodologies and tools for EASO support for the implementation of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) in the field of Reception, particularly on the Directive on reception conditions for asylum-seekers
- Support the EASO Coordinator in the strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the deliverables of the reception; liaise with Asylum Service Focal Points and the Reception Centre Managers (at Kofinou and Kokkinotrimithia respectively)
- Support in the briefing and induction of new staff, including Member State experts and interims
- Coordinate the EASO interims deployed in the reception centres and facilitate weekly/monthly team meetings with EASO Cyprus and/or EASO Headquarters
- Support capacity-building initiatives (trainings, tools etc.)
- Act as a liaison with Asylum Service Focal Points to facilitate efficient and effective implementation of support measures, including planning of specific events/meetings/deployments, ad-hoc urgent matters, interpreters and logistical arrangements
- Participate in meetings and liaise with local and international stakeholders
- Collect and compile reports (statistical and narrative) on a bi-weekly and monthly basis as agreed with EASO monitoring/reporting colleagues and prepare and update relevant project management documents as requested
- Assist in the implementation of activities aiming at fostering the exchange of information and best practices on reception systems within the framework of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS)
- When appointed, provide support on the coordination of vulnerability procedures
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- University or College degree will be considered an advantage
- Very good understanding of the Cypriot migration and asylum context
- Previous experience in a similar Coordinator role with relevant tasks
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Command of the Greek language will be considered an advantage
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web based applications
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Mobility and flexibility to travel to all EASO locations/sites within Cyprus is required
- A valid driver’s licence is required
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, the 25th of February 2019, quoting the associated job title in the email subject.
Please note that only successful candidates for this position will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.