On behalf of MAP S.Platis, the leading financial services consultancy Group in the region, we are seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to take on the role of Economist on a full-time or part-time basis. By joining the dynamic MAP S.Platis team, the successful candidate will have unique profile building and career growth opportunities in a fast growing sector, working alongside highly experienced specialists and consultants and dealing with a reputable global clientele.
Main Duties & Responsibility Areas
- To conduct research and analyse economic data including macroeconomic, statistical and financial data
- To conduct surveys, collect and analyse data using statistical models and techniques
- To write articles for publication in Greek and English in the media (business magazines, journals, the web, etc.)
- To evaluate quantitative data and assist in economic decisions
- To review and analyse economic data in order to prepare reports, tables and charts to present detailed results of research findings and conclusions
- Be up to date on economic changes and interpret market trends
- Assist in secondary research
The candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Ability to review data, observe patterns and draw logical conclusions
- Strong organisational, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Communicating effectively, in both Greek and English, and have strong listening and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Critical thinking and being able to solve complex problems
- Detail oriented, paying attention to details and able to prioritize tasks
- Excellent writing skills in order to be able to present findings clearly
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Strong maths skills and understanding of statistic principles and other advanced topics
- Computer literacy
- Master’s degree in Economics or Political Economy from a reputable university
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) would be considered an advantage
- Proven research work and/or article/report writing experience will be considered an advantage
- Excellent Greek and English, both writing and speaking (native level)
A competitive remuneration package of up to €2000 gross monthly for a full-time position will be offered, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include a 13th salary and a discretionary performance based bonus, as well as medical coverage and provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period. MAP S.Platis Group boasts a performance oriented and rewarding company culture and provides opportunities for career and personal growth.
To apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV at email@example.com no later than Monday, 28th of October 2019, quoting the associated job title in the email subject. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MAP S.Platis and MGR are equal opportunities employers