On behalf of our client, one of the most reputable private Schools in Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit a high calibre Senior Human Resources (HR) Officer, to be based in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will report to the School Principal and will be involved in developing a comprehensive Human Resources strategy for the School and implementing the required Human Resources policies and procedures in line with the School’s objectives. He/She will be expected amongst other to:
- Support the entire employment cycle (induction, probation review, leaver administration)
- Maintain and update all employee records (employee files and Human Resources Information System administration)
- Ensure that the HR initiatives are aligned with the School needs, monitor and coordinate the implementation of the HR policies and practices
- Maintain and update all HR policies that support the School’s strategy (Employee Handbook, Performance Management policy, Recruitment Policy and Key Performance Indicators, amongst other)
- Handle recruitment needs and aim to fulfil the related manpower needs; Prepare and post vacancies, offer administrative recruitment support and assist the Principal in evaluating and recruiting talented professionals
- Assist the School’s Management in identifying training needs and in preparing trainings plans at School, department and individual level; maintain the trainings log and provide career portfolios for all members of staff
- Effectively facilitate the performance evaluation process and consolidate the annual results into reports
- Prepare HR related reports with meaningful indicators for the School Management
- Oversee the single central register, which ensures compliance with the Standards of British Overseas Schools
- Supervise the payroll preparation process
- Liaise with the School’s external HR Advisors to design and implement the necessary policies and practices as prioritized for the School
- Deal with ad-hoc projects and offer support to the School Management team as required
- Degree from a reputable academic institution in Human Resources, Psychology or a business-related discipline
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in Human Resources or Human Resources Advisory
- Good knowledge of the Cyprus Labour law
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exhibit high degree of confidentiality
- Should be able to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- People oriented; ability to inspire and influence
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, according to qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than Monday, 16th of December 2019.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR and the School are equal opportunities employers.
The School is committed to safeguarding and child protection.