MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Social Workers for the Asylum Camp in Kofinou, Cyprus.
The successful candidates will work for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services. EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Welcoming new arrivals
- Information provision to applicants
- Individual social case management
- Assessing special needs and referral to relevant services
- Organising resident meetings
- Support in reception matters
- Organising activities
- Fulfilling daily/weekly routines
- Working on a potentially irregular time schedule
- Participating in briefings and meetings
- Reporting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Holding a bachelor degree or a diploma in Social Work
- Being registered at the social worker’s register of the Republic of Cyprus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in first line activities in reception centres for applicants for international protection
- Good knowledge of the legal international & European framework regarding international protection and the Common European Asylum System
- Good intercultural communication skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in coping with potentially stressful and tense situations
- Organisational skills
- Being flexible and able to work in different settings
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Capable to work in multi-disciplinary teams in a multi-cultural environment
- International experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of languages regularly spoken by applicants is an advantage (e.g. Arabic, Sorani, French/Lingala)
The position offers a competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter no later than 27th of May 2019 quoting the associated job title.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.