MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Social Workers for the Asylum Camp in Kofinou, Cyprus.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Welcoming new arrivals
- Information provision to applicants
- Individual social case management
- Assessing special needs and referral to relevant services
- Organising resident meetings
- Support in reception matters
- Organising activities
- Fulfilling daily/weekly routines
- Participating in briefings and meetings
- Reporting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Holding a bachelor degree or a diploma in social work
- Registered, or being eligible to be registered, at the social worker’s register of the Republic of Cyprus
- Social work experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the legal international & European framework regarding international protection and the Common European Asylum System would be an advantage
- Good intercultural communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in coping with potentially stressful and tense situations
- Organisational skills
- Being flexible and able to work in different settings
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Capable to work in multi-disciplinary teams in a multi-cultural environment
- International experience is an advantage
The position falls in hierarchical Category II and the associated salary is €20,112 gross annually in twelve monthly installments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. To apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV no later than Monday 24th of June 2019.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.