MGR Human Resources Ltd is a leading, licensed private employment agency and a member of MAP S.Platis Group. We are looking to hire Vulnerability Officers for the Asylum Camp to be based in Pournara camp, Kokkinotrimithia.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support the Cypriot Asylum Service, in charge of reception centres, with the identification and referral of vulnerable cases, in close cooperation with other stakeholders (e.g. UNHCR)
- Act as a liaison among all actors involved in the assessment, handling and referral of vulnerable cases during their stay in the reception centre, as appropriate and agreed with the relevant authorities
- Establish trust relationships with all vulnerable categories in the reception centre
- Assist the Cypriot Asylum Service with the preparation of a dedicated safe zone for vulnerable groups in the centre in terms of procedures and information provision
- Participate in meetings and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Draft documents, templates, minutes and reports
- Provide regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- University degree in relevant fields (Social sciences, Education, Migration) is required
- Demonstrated previous minimum experience of 3 years in working with vulnerable groups, preferably in the context of asylum, migration and reception
- Very good understanding of the Cypriot asylum, migration and reception context will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required
- Fluency in Greek (oral and written) is desirable
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web based applications;
- Analytical skills and strong ability to work as a team member
- Very good intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €26,904 gross annually in twelve monthly installments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than 12th of July 2019.